Sunday, August 12, 2007

Moments with Great-Grandma


Here is my cute 90-year old grandma with Tanner. This was the first time she was able to meet him. She was very eager to hold and love on him. Tanner is especially special to her because his middle name, Emerson, is named after her father's name. She let Brian and I know that her father would be very proud to have his name passed on.

Of course it was like pulling teeth to get both boys to pose for a picture, mainly Braden, but we managed.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Shannon, is this the same grandma that came to Braden's birthday party last Dec.? I had a chance to chat with her then and she is such a doll. I had no idea she is 90 years old! WOW! Really a lovely woman.

Anonymous said...

Oh how nice! The boys seem to be getting so big. I remember your grandma from your wedding, she was such a sweetie! Its great that you got a picture of her with Braden and Tanner . As you know my "Nana" passed away last Aug. At 96 years young! In my calculations your grandma will be around a lot longer. Enjoy her!!
I miss mine tremendously! I swear she was the model Nana, if you looked up that word it the dictionary, her picture would be right there. I regret not knowing more about my Nana, I wish I had sat with her longer and interviewed her to learn about her childhood and growing up back then. I wonder what she thought of "progress", the computer age and thins like that. I have a nice picture from her 95th b day party of the 5 generations. I will have to send it to you.
Take care, miss you