Friday, April 20, 2007

Traditions


When we found out that Braden was a boy, Brian and I decided to go to Color Me Mine on a date night to make something for him. I painted a cute star shaped jar to hold small items, and Brian painted a skateboard. We monogrammed the items with Braden's initial.
So, to keep the tradition going we went back this week to each make something for the new baby who we've decided will
be named Tanner. Brian picked a
surfboard this time and I painted an adorable giraffe. It was a lot of fun to be creative and not have to rush or worry if Braden was getting into something...he was at daycare. I know these are not the greatest pictures, but in about two weeks we'll pick them up after they've been fired and I'll post the finished product pics. at that time along with pictures of Braden's items. It was a lot of fun and is really a great idea for a fun family night activity.















5 comments:

Melissa said...

Cute idea! It's good to switch it up a little and not always do dinner or a movie. And now you have something to remember it by, I'm totally going to copy you! By the way, Tanner is really cute, and I think it goes nicely with Braden. How exciting!!

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! I just checked in on your blog to see how things are going. Tanner is a really cute name. We will be down in May and we have something for Tanner. We will only be in town for a day,so I will it leave at your Mom's. I love checking up on your blog to see how Braden is growing. Holy cow, he is growing fast. I guess they always do. By the way that sounds like a fun tradition, maybe next time around you will be painting little girl things. You are definitely blessed to have two boys though. Every child is so special. Talk to you soon and keep us updated when Tanner is born.

Anonymous said...

Shan, What a cute tradition!! I bet Braden can't wait until his baby brother is born! I know I can't wait and I'm sure you are super excited too!! I just love the name Tanner and really enjoy reading your blogs. Take care

Kelley said...

Cool idea, Shannon. I also think Tanner is a nice match for Braden and sounds great with Eberhardt!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon,
That is so cute.. I can not wait for Tanner to be born. Braden is adorable too.