I've noticed that on many of the blogs I read people are occasionally sharing new discoveries, whether it be food, merchandise, etc. I am going to share a recent discovery and you can decide to try it or not. Sprinkles cupcakes are a growing chain of confectionary creations. They exclusively make these delicious cupcakes. Brian had brought me home one from work a few months back...they are very popular at the police department. It was pretty good.Anyway, a few weeks ago at church a friend mentioned them again and told me she had to wait in line outside the door for 1/2 hour to get some. Of course that's all I could think about that day. So the next morning I dropped Braden off at daycare and headed to Corona Del Mar to get some. Luckily there wasn't a line. DON'T go on the weekends! I bought a half dozen to enjoy with Brian.
In case you are unfamiliar with Sprinkles, they make five staple flavors every day in addition to five flavors that they rotate daily. Check here for the daily flavors. Oh and by the way they are $3.25 each. They use madagascar bourbon vanilla that costs 200 a gallon-thus the high cost.
I was a bit disappointed. I think the frosting is great but some of the actual cupcake cake didn't impress me. I'd like Betty Crocker just fine. But I would encourage anyone to try them once. The drive can be a ways depending on where you're coming from as well. Let me know if you've tried them and what you think.


3 comments:
I've tried them! Let me just say that some are definitely satisfactory, and others are really really good. Some I thought were really good: peanut butter and flourless chocolate. Some that were just okay: red velvet and cinnamon sugar. There's my two cents.
I had no idea they had one in CDM...They look pretty, but I've heard the same mixed reviews. If only we could have thought of that and charge over 30 bucks a dozen, we'd be rich!
Oh NO...I am feeling a craving coming on now. I have heard about these. But have not tried them.
They sure look cute. I just recently bought a cupcake holder and a cupcake recipe book with some fun ideas. I just love cupcakes - they are so fun.
Post a Comment