Thursday, August 31, 2006

Waiting for Daddy

This is Braden's newest game. Because Brian is on the night shift this month, he gets home in the morning around 7:00 a.m. Braden is of course awake by then. As soon as Braden hears Brian lock his car he climbs up on the couch and pulls the blinds away from the window to watch Daddy. He immediately starts to yell, "Da-da, Da-da" Brian loves walking up to this scene.
On the look out for Daddy. Note the bed head hair. It amazes me that I can be standing right next to him calling his name without him even flinching, yet he can hear a car locking from 1 story down and several feet away. He's already learned the art of selective listening.
Here is the view that Braden gets of Brian. Once Brian is out of sight under the carport, Braden climbs down from the couch and runs to the door to greet Brian. I wonder what will happen next month when Brian goes back to day shift :( Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kelley said...

So sweet! We love when Daddy comes home, too!

Anonymous said...

That picture is so precious...I hope you save it. Show it to Braden when he's about 16 or 17 and he thinks his Dad's so out-of-it. Then we can show him that, once upon a time, his Mom and Dad were his world.

Anonymous said...

This is the best picture! I can't believe how quickly time has passed. Continue to capture these special moments!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh how adorable!!


*Brenda

Anonymous said...

Ok I can't believe I never commented on this one! Jordyn does the same thing! Jeff calls and she watched him pull up in his truck, it's so cute! Great picture of Brian looking up!