Welcome to our 100th post!
I had envisioned an amazing post for this occasion, but couldn't decide just what to highlight. Then I thought, well, maybe I could revamp the Blog in celebration...as you can see that hasn't happened yet. So I am going to relay a conversation that Braden and I shared this morning while it is still fresh in my mind.
Many of you know we just moved into a bigger rental as we watch and wait patiently to see what the CA housing market will do. My latest obsession has been to paint Braden's room. This morning Braden was watching Backyardigans and Tanner had miraculously gone back down for a nap (those are fleeting nowadays). Anyway, I thought I could get the final coat of blue up on the wall, which I was able to do in time before Tanner woke up. I was almost done when Braden wandered into his room. Here is what transpired:
Braden: "Mommy, what you doing?"
Mommy: "I'm painting Braden's room. I'm making it pretty."
Braden: "It bootiful."
Mommy: "It's beautiful?"
Braden: "Des"
Braden: "Tanks mommy."
Mommy: "You're welcome Braden."
This is why I occasionally forget he is a two (almost three) year old. What a doll! Those are the moments I just want to grab him up and smother him with kisses (after the paint brush has been put down of course).
4 comments:
He looks so much like Brian in this picture! It is funny he is a really good mix, sometimes he looks like you and sometimes he looks like Brian. What a sweet conversation, you will have to write that down in his baby book. He won't be a baby for much longer.I can't believe he is going to be 3 this month. Wow! Does he want anything fun for his birthday?
Hooray on the 100th. I have an idea for your 101st. I tagged you! Go to my blog if you want to play! ;)
That is the cutest thing. What a sweetheart.
I love your conversation too! check out my blog for the things gunnar is saying right now. you better believe he said it out loud during sacrament meeting the other day too!! i pulled out the O flashcard and then i realized what i had done. check out my blog to make sense of this. hope you are well. i miss you. xoxo kam
Post a Comment