Friday, October 20, 2006

Book Worm

Braden loves books! We started going to "lap time" at the library and he has had so much fun. The "lap time" director reads a story to the kids and then they do interactive poems and end with music time. Braden loves the drumsticks the best. As long as he can have one and something to hit it against, he's a happy camper.
On our second visit to the library I let Braden choose five books to check out. He chose: "The Rainbow Fish", "Five Little Monkey's Jumping On the Bed", "Max's Christmas", "Richard Scarry's Polite Mannners", and "A Merry Scary Halloween". This was his first library check out. We have had to read those books over and over to him. I am so glad he enjoys reading.

I have even caught him "reading" to himself in his bedroom. It is the cutest thing to see. And if you ask him he will read to you. I love it!!

 Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Jordyn is a book hound herself ; )~ God can they please grow slower, Braden is getting so little boyish, is he really turning 2 in a few weeks?!

xoxo

Kelley said...

Shannon, I wish Grant weren't napping during story time so we could go with you!

We love the "5 Monkeys" book, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh, to love reading books is to never be alone. Always enjoy reading Brae and take good care of your books. Ask Mommy to read you The Pokey Little Puppy, that was her favorite at your age.

Love,
Grandma

Anonymous said...

Shan,
He is just too cute! Its great that he is enjoying books!! Almost every night, Paige has to choose books to "read" to her stuffed animals and dolls at bed time. She has some of her books memorized so she lays in her bed reading to them, Scott and I laugh when we hear her "reading" though the baby monitor.